Now Enrolling for the 23-24 School Year!
We foster a safe, positive atmosphere that encourages our students’ intellectual and emotional growth through…
- Utilizing the Classical Education Philosophy (K-12)
- Following the Core Knowledge Sequence (K-8)
- Ensuring ALL of our teachers or certified and highly qualified
- Differentiated instruction
- Requiring school uniforms
- Preparing our graduates for post-secondary education and careers
- Providing character education and mental health supports
Some programs offered at VCS are:
- PBIS and Restorative Practices
- Riggs Method
- Spelling Bee
- Spanish, and Latin Courses
- Choir, Band, and Orchestra
- Service Learning through Vanguard Gives
- Middle School and High School Sports
- 6th Grade Outdoor Lab
- 7th/8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
- 7th/8th Grade Boston Trip
- High School Trips Abroad
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Research-based social-emotional curriculum
FREE Before and After Care!
At VCS, we are aware of the challenges many families face when trying to get their children to school and make it to work on time. We have a solution for you!
By filling out the CCAP form and applying to attend STARS we will provide a safe place for students to come to school. Hours are as early as 6:30 am and as late as 6:00 pm. STARS students are welcome to stay after school to work on homework, have some outside time, or play games.
These services are FREE (upon CCAP approval) for our K-5 students and available for 6-8 students for a fee.
Regular instructional time begins at 7:40 am, and ends at 3:30 pm.
(Doors open at 7:25 am)
About Vanguard Classical School
Vanguard Classical School is a tuition-free public charter school authorized by the Aurora Public School District.
Instructional Staff Highly Qualified or Certified
Student to Instructional Staff Ratio
*At Vanguard East compared to 67.6% at Aurora Public Schools